The 1888 Rookery Building is one of Burnham and Root’s masterpieces and also the sole extant commercial building on LaSalle Street from the 1880s building boom that followed the 1871 Chicago Fire. The spectacular light court of this 11-story hollow-square building was remodeled by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1905 and again by William Drummond circa 1930. Architect and tour leader Mary Brush played a major role in the building’s restoration during the 1990s. This building once housed the office of Burnham and Root, where architects met to discuss the preliminary building plans for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition.
The beginning of the tour meets outside the main entrance of the Rookery Building.
To attend, RSVP here.