Chicago’s well-known and robust public art culture remains the envy of other major cities around the world. In this presentation, urbanologist Max Grinnell will offer up some of his thoughts on the transformative qualities of Chicago’s various public art initiatives, including the Percent for Art Program, the Chicago Public Art Group, and other lesser-known programs. Based on his extensive exploration of the city from O’Hare’s Terminal 5 to Pullman, this program will be an engaging look into how Chicago’s public art programs, formal and informal, continue to engage the interest of locals and visitors.
• Tuesday, October 13, 6pm - Hegewisch Branch 3048 E. 130th Street
• Wednesday, October 14, 6:30pm - Wrightwood-Ashburn 8530 S. Kedzie Avenue
• Saturday, November 7, 10AM - Albany Park 3401 W. Foster Avenue
• Saturday, November 7, 2pm - West Town - 1625 W. Chicago Ave
• Tuesday, November 24 at 6:30pm - Scottsdale 4101 W. 79th Street