What is Chicago? What will Chicago be in the future? What has Chicago been in the recent past? These are all complex questions that fascinate Chicagoans, whether they have been five months or fifty years. Drawing on historic photographs and visual materials from the Chicago Public Library, the Chicago History Museum, and other institutions, urbanologist Max Grinnell will invite patrons into a discussion of these themes via a 45-60 minute presentation with time for conversation and discussion afterwards.
• Monday, October 12, 6pm - Avalon Branch Chicago Public Library, 8148 S. Stony Island Avenue
• Thursday, October 22, 6:30pm - Edgewater Branch Chicago Public Library, 6000 N. Broadway
• Tuesday, October 27, 6pm - Northtown Branch Chicago Public Library, 6435 N. California Avenue
• Tuesday, November 10, 6:30pm - Roden Branch Chicago Public Library, 6083 N. Northwest Highway
• Monday, November 23, 6pm - Clearing Branch Chicago Public Library, 6423 West 63rd Place